SERVPRO Crew Prevents a Fire Damage
It is never safe to leave open flames unattended.
Last winter SERVPRO of Edison was called upon to remediate damages caused by a frozen pipe in a Woodbridge home. The pipe that broke was actually part of the home’s heating system and had not yet been repaired when our crews arrived on site. Our technicians were alarmed when they entered the home and noticed a strong smell of gas and discovered the heating elements on the stove were all turned to High. In the absence of heat, the tenants had been using the stove to warm their home! We explained to the tenants that this was a very risky could result in a rapidly spreading fire or the gas could slowly poison the air.
Do not use a stove for anything other than food preparation, especially not for heating your home.
Fortunately, our technicians came prepared with a portable heating unit to keep the family and the house warm until the heater could be properly repaired. This is much safer and far more effective. Our restoration technicians keep a keen eye out for your safety and in this case they were able to prevent a water damage event from becoming a fire damage event.
Water Main Break Causes Extensive Damage
Kevin bravely wades into the water to open up a blocked door to the backyard.
A water main break sent water rushing into this basement. Almost all of the personal belongings were completely submerged and ruined. SERVPRO of Edison arrived while water was still coming into the basement. The homeowner suspected a broken pipe inside the home, but our technicians were able to help identify the true source of the water as a broken water main outside the home. To prevent the flood waters from rising further into the home, our resourceful technicians began by pumping water out faster than it was coming in. They ran pumps out the front of the house and into the backyard until emergency services arrived to shut the water main off at the street. Our technicians’ fast thinking prevented further damage to the home.
Once the standing water was all pumped out SERVPRO of Edison removed the damaged personal belongings and dried out the remaining structure. Drying equipment, such as dehumidifiers and air movers, remained on site for three days to continue removing humidity from the air and trapped moisture in the structure. Our crews returned to clean mud off the floors and from behind and inside the aluminum studs.
Check out the Before & After Pictures to see what a difference our work made.
Sewer Backup In Commercial Basement
This photo shows one of the 5 rooms that were affected by the sewer backup.
The clients and employees of this Commercial Property noticed a terrible smell in their building. Upon further inspection, a custodian discovered the source of the problem. A sewer pipe had burst open in the basement and flooded several thousand square feet of the concrete floor with raw sewage.
SERVPRO of Edison had a crew of four technicians working on site for a full day. Fortunately our highly trained technicians have experience cleaning large commercial losses and know that the work must be done quickly, thoroughly, and safely. Our technicians contained off the area to prevent any unwanted odors from entering the business offices while they worked to extract the sewage, clean, sanitize and deodorize the floors. Once the bulk of the mess was cleaned up, our crew returned the following day to make sure the humidity levels and odors had gone back to how it was before the incident. “Like it never even happened.”
Visit our Before & After Page to see the remarkable difference our team made!
Water Damage in Medical Facility
SERVPRO of Edison arrived promptly the night of the water damage to ensure that this medical facility could re-open the next day.
Commercial buildings require a special attention to detail when it comes to water damage. Many things must be taken into consideration when making a plan for remediation and restoration. In a recent scenario, SERVPRO of Edison was called in to address a water damage that was discovered after-hours in a mid-sized medical facility. Construction in an adjacent unit caused a water supply line to break, causing water to flood into exam rooms, waiting rooms, offices and hallways. Over a dozen rooms were affected in total.
SERVPRO of Edison’s water damage restoration team coordinated a plan with the facilities team and the medical staff beginning with the immediate extraction of all standing water. Drying equipment was set up in each room to mitigate further damage that may have been caused by rising humidity levels.
We were able to prioritize essential rooms to make sure patients could still be seen for treatment the very next day. Throughout the restoration process we kept clear communications with the medical team and coordinated their schedule with our restoration efforts so that they could continue to operate according to schedule.
Notice the careful removal of drywall shown in this photo. Many medical facilities utilize a special kind of flooring that curves as it meets the wall. Our technicians were able to detect moisture was being held inside the walls by wet insulation. In order to dry the walls properly we had to remove a section of the sheetrock and cut out any wet insulation. To do so, we cut one foot above where the flooring meets the wall so that the new sheetrock could be put in place without having to cause unnecessary damage to the flooring.
If your commercial property has experienced a water damage call SERVPRO of Edison.
3 Things You Need to Know About Groundwater Intrusion
This home took on more than 3 feet of water during that rainstorm. No sump pump could have prevented that much water from coming in so fast!
Heavy and persistent rain storms drenched the Edison area in early May 2017. You may remember that it rained slowly and steadily for about a week and then the rain picked up on Thursday, causing about 2-3 inches to fall in 24 hours! SERVPRO of Edison received dozens of calls that weekend from residents whose sump pumps couldn’t keep up with the groundwater. Many people were surprised to learn that their homeowner’s insurance did not cover groundwater intrusion, even in a storm event like that.
Here’s what you need to know about groundwater intrusion.
- You should reduce your risk as much as possible. Heavy rains can cause significant and costly damage to your home, so if you see heavy rains in the forecast, check to make sure your sump pump is working properly. It may be a good idea to invest in a backup battery kit that can keep the pumps running in the event of a power outage.
- Sump pumps can still fail. Whether the pump loses power, it gets clogged, or it can’t handle the amount of water rapidly filling the basement – having a sump pump will not guarantee that your basement stays dry during the worst storms.
- Many insurance companies offer an additional endorsement called, “Sump Pump Failure and Sewer Backup Coverage”. If you don’t have this endorsement, you may be stuck paying the cost of remediation and repairs out of your own pocket. Call your insurance agent and ask if they offer this very valuable service before the next major storm.
Late Night Water Emergency
SERVPRO of Edison arrived onsite shortly after midnight and had crews work through the night to dry out this assisted living home.
The flooding in this assisted living home was caused by a frozen pipe that burst. SERVPRO of Edison received the call at 11:30pm on a holiday weekend and had a crew onsite within an hour, to inspect the damage and to begin the water extraction process. The water effected multiple residences but only one tenant was temporarily displaced. In less than five days we had the facility dry.
SERVPRO of Edison uses advanced inspection and monitoring equipment to determine when your home’s structure is actually dry.
If water damage is not handled quickly and properly, it can cause severe damage to your home’s structure not to mention the potential harmful health effects of mold. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
We are Water Damage Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill Insurance Companies Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We adhere to s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- We have advanced inspection and extraction equipment
Have Questions? Call Us Today – We’re Here To Help - (732)248-9555
Where is all this water coming from?
Kevin demonstrates how our thermal imaging camera can be used to locate trapped moisture.
When a flood happens it can be difficult to see just how far the water has travelled. In certain situations it may be hard to figure out where the water is even coming from. Fortunately, SERVPRO of Edison is equipped with the latest technology to identify the source of the leak and determine the extent of the water damage.
In this photo our IICRC certified Master Water Restoration Technician, Kevin Wallace, demonstrates how a thermal-imaging camera can be helpful in locating trapped moisture. The bottle of water he is holding shows up a deep blue on the camera’s display, indicating a lower temperature. This is just one of many helpful tools we use in scoping and monitoring the drying process after a water damage.
Our highly trained technicians use a variety of tools and techniques to locate water that may be hidden behind walls or in hard to reach spots. You can be confident that SERVPRO of Edison will make it "Like it never even happened."
Edison 24 Hour Water Damage Emergency Service
SERVPRO of Edison provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Edison and the surrounding area.
SERVPRO of Edison is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today (732)248-9555
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Edison has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
- Is the HVAC system operational? (if applicable in winter)
About SERVPRO of Edison
SERVPRO of Edison specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Edison's Certifications:
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- HST - Health and safety Technician
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- OCT - Odor Control Technician
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CDS - Commercial Drying Specialist
- IICRC Certified Firm
Does Your Edison Home Have a Mold Problem?
In Edison, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 Hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Edison – (732)248-9555
Edison Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Edison Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Edison will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (732)248-9555