Fire Damage Restoration
The fire damage in this commercial building was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette near the building’s exterior wall. The ceiling and walls inside were charred by the fire and the whole building had smoke damage. The sprinkler system helped to extinguish the flames, but caused additional water damage to the structure. SERVPRO of Edison was able to remove the standing water that was left behind and then proceeded to remediate the smoke damage. Smoke and soot can find their way in behind walls and in hard to reach places. For this particular fire damage, SERVPRO of Edison removed all sheetrock and insulation and then encapsulated the remaining structure to block smoke odor from ever returning.