Recent Commercial Posts
Emergency and Scheduled Services
SERVPRO of Edison is proud to be a leader in the restoration industry. We are an independently owned and operated franchise and we are a part of your community so we understand your needs. We are proud to offer a variety of services to best serve our customers and community including but not limited to:
- Emergency Water Removal
- Structural Drying
- Fire, Smoke, and Soot Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Air Ducts/HVAC Cleaning
- Sewage Cleaning and Sanitation
- Content Cleaning and Restoration
- Pack-outs and Storage
- Biohazard Cleaning
- Crime Scene Cleanup
- Graffiti Removal
- Power Washing
- Dumpster Pad Cleaning
- Front Entrance Power Washing
- Carpet Cleaning
- Grout and Tile Cleaning
Give SERVPRO of Edison a call at 732-248-9555 to find out more about the services we offer or to schedule a consultation.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile Advantage
- A no cost assessment of your facility.
- This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects.
- But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes SERVPRO of Edison as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
- Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
Give SERVPRO of Edison a call at 732-248-9555 to schedule an Emergency READY Profile setup for you business
Specializing in Single Source Restaurant Solutions
SERVPRO of Edison is a multi-service independent franchise. We provide 24/7 residential and commercial emergency restorations services and take additional precautions to ensure that your property is returned to picture-perfect quality, making every disaster "Like it never even happened." SERVPRO is well-know and respected by all insurance agents, adjustors, and companies. We can handle all of your normal scheduled maintenance needs. Our highly trained technicians can handle any potential property issues with ease, and are well equipped to deal with any potential issues that could arise from a restaurant loss. Our certified technicians are prepared 24/7 to assist you in any aspect of your emergency and restoration needs no matter the size or type of loss. That includes necessary repairs, estimations, and always using the industry standard claim pricing. Give SERVPRO of Edison a call at 732-248-9555 to find out more about the services we offer.
The Best Way to Reduce Business Interruption Following a Disaster is to Plan for it NOW
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
Are You Ready?
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it's a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, "Are you ready for whatever could happen?"
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile is a start-up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By setting up a SERVPRO's Emergency READY Profile, your business will receive the benefit of over 15 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO of Edison is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
Give SERVPRO of Edison a call at 732-248-9555 to schedule your Emergency READY Profile setup today
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Edison is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Edison
SERVPRO of Edison specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Restoring Your Edison Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at Edison commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Edison
SERVPRO of Edison specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Tips for Preparing Your Business for Winter Weather
- Inspect your property, especially the walkways and parking lots for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells, and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas.
- Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Ensure all gutters are clean and secure. Leaves and other debris can accumulate, leading to the gutters damming, which could then lead to roof problems and/or water damage.
- Check the property for downed tree limbs or branches, as weather events such as wind, heavy rain, ice, and snow can cause branches to fall, which could potentially lead to property damage or personal injuries.
- Ask your local SERVPRO franchise about starting an Emergency Ready Profile for your business.
Tips from FEMA for Preparing Your Business for a Hurricane
- Carefully evaluate how your company functions, both internally and externally, in order to determine which staff, materials, procedures, and equipment are absolutely necessary to keep the business operating in a storm situation.
- Identify operations critical to survival and recovery.
- Plan what you will do if your building is not accessible
- Cover any windows with precut plywood or hurricane shutters to protect them from high wind
- Consider if you will be able to run the business form an alternate location or even from your home
- Turn off utilities as instructed
- Turn off propane tanks
- Develop relationships with other companies who may allow you to use their location if a disaster makes your location unstable
- Ask SERVPRO of Edison about setting up your business with a Disaster Recovery Profile
Tips to prepare your business or home for a flood
Before the flood:
- Install "check valves" in sewer traps to prevent flood water from backing up into the drains of your home or business.
- Seal walls in underground with waterproofing compounds to help avoid seepage.
- Have a qualified professional elevate the furnace, electrical panel, and water heater if susceptible to flooding.
During the Flood:
- Disconnect electrical appliances
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water
- Turn off utilities at the main switches or valves if instructed to do so
- Do not walk through moving water. Even six inches of moving water can cause a fall.
After the Flood:
- Stay out of any buildings that are surrounded by flood waters
- Listen to the local news reports to learn if the community's water supply is safe to drink
- Avoid floodwaters. Waters may be contaminated with oil, gasoline, or even raw sewage. Water may also be electrically charged
- Return home only when it has been deemed safe by authorities.
The Importance of Regular Carpet Cleaning
Carpet cleaning can be a bothersome chore. However, the reward of restoring the freshness and beauty back to our carpets is worth the effort, as without proper cleaning the soiling of carpets occurs quickly, even with regularly vacuuming and spot cleaning. Listed below are just a few of the main reasons why carpet cleaning is so important.
It prolongs the life span of the carpet.
Vacuuming does help but a lot dirt and grime can sink deep within the fibers. They become hard to clean and begin to look old and discolored. Regular carpet cleaning in intervals of 12 to 18 months sustains longer life span and can help maintain the beauty of the carpet.
It removes stains, restoring the carpet back an unblemished state.
Carpet stains often mar the look of a carpet and make our living space less pleasant-looking. These stains appear all the time from the dirt carried inside from the soles of shoes, spilt drinks, pet accidents and more. Deep carpet cleaning can separate the dirt from the carpets, restoring them to an unblemished and pleasant-looking state.
It lessens pollutants.
The carpet is an effective trap of various particles. Dirt, dust, pet dander, and insect allergens are regulars of home carpet. Regular carpet cleaning helps lessen or completely eliminate these pollutants. The use of special sanitizers like carpet shampoo kills the bacteria from these particles.
It eliminates bad odor.
The dust, insects, and various other pollutants on the carpet emit foul odor. These pollutants increase the chances that organisms like bacteria and fungi will thrive on the carpet. The bad odor is itself a sign of an unhealthy environment. Regular carpet cleaning will not only eliminate bad odor but also hinder these harmful organisms from inhabiting the carpet.
Therefore, as well as your own carpet cleaning routines, you may also want to consider engaging qualified professional cleaning services for an expert review of your carpets. Here at SERVPRO of Edison we have the equipment to do a job well done. You can always give us a call for professional advice or to schedule an appointment at (732) 248-9555.
What Could Cause Fires in Your Business
Business owners have many responsibilities, one of them being the safety factors to take into consideration regarding risks to your business, staff and visitors. One of those risks that needs extra consideration is planning for and working to prevent fires.
Leading Causes of Commercial Structure Fires
According to a report published by the National Fire Protection Association, the leading causes of structure fires in office properties were:
- Cooking equipment: 29% of fires
- Electrical distribution and lighting equipment: 12% of fires
- Heating equipment: 11% of fires
- Intentional: 10% of fires
- Smoking materials: 9% of fires
Protect Your Business
By focusing on staff education, risk assessment, and prevention, you can take steps to protect your business from a fire risk and help reduce the chance of a fire breaking out.
Initially, you must assess the fire hazard risk. Fire marshals, can offer advice, help identify your business’ risks, and help provide guidance on your fire prevention plan.
You’ll want to make sure you have chosen the right fire protection equipment. This should include an automatic sprinkler system, smoke detectors, and fire extinguishers on each floor.
Lastly, consider your employees and visitors. By creating a fire prevention and evacuation plan and reviewing it with your staff, you’ll be making sure everyone knows what to do in the case of a fire. Conduct regular fire drills to keep the fire safety protocol fresh and take time to review evacuation plans.
If your business experiences a fire loss, call us at 732-248-9555 and we’ll respond immediately to help get you back to business and make the loss "Like it never even happened."
Helping Those Who Help Others
No one expects a backed up sewer line on a quiet Sunday morning. But against all odds, on a quiet Sunday morning, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Metuchen, NJ experienced a backed up sewer line.
To mitigate the issue, the staff at St. Luke’s called SERVPRO of Edison for immediate assistance. Even though the loss occurred outside of normal business hours, SERVPRO of Edison had someone on site within an hour to assess the situation. Shortly thereafter, work on cleaning the affected area of the historic building was in process.
The child care center that was affected by the loss was promptly cleaned and sanitized. The floors, desks, and seats afflicted were disinfected for maximum decontamination and safety. SERVPRO of Edison understands the valuable role that community gathering places have in neighborhoods across central New Jersey which is why we always strive for excellence. Call SERVPRO of Edison at (732) 248-9555 for your emergency commercial cleanup.
Commercial Sewage Loss
When a local gym had a water backup after hours on the weekend they called their local SERVPRO franchisee SERVPRO of Edison. They knew SERVPRO of Edison always answers their phones and shows up quickly in a disaster situation. SERVPRO of Edison arrived on site and assessed that the sewage line was still blocked and that a plumber specialist was needed. Once the plumber cleared the line, SERVPRO of Edison was able to bring in the proper equipment and quickly extract the water that was over 2 inches deep in some place and had spread to cover the entire gym. Since it was sewage water the walls had to be cut, and the impacted drywall removed. All the impacted area was cleaned and disinfected right down to lowest level – the c-channels that are part of the wall structure. When everything was cleaned the gym was able to reopen “Like it never even happened."