SERVPRO Crew Prevents a Fire Damage
Last winter SERVPRO of Edison was called upon to remediate damages caused by a frozen pipe in a Woodbridge home. The pipe that broke was actually part of the home’s heating system and had not yet been repaired when our crews arrived on site. Our technicians were alarmed when they entered the home and noticed a strong smell of gas and discovered the heating elements on the stove were all turned to High. In the absence of heat, the tenants had been using the stove to warm their home! We explained to the tenants that this was a very risky could result in a rapidly spreading fire or the gas could slowly poison the air.
Do not use a stove for anything other than food preparation, especially not for heating your home.
Fortunately, our technicians came prepared with a Portable Heating Unit to keep the family and the house warm until the heater could be properly repaired. This is much safer and far more effective. Our restoration technicians keep a keen eye out for your safety and in this case they were able to prevent a water damage event from becoming a fire damage event.
Have Questions? Call Us Today – We’re Here To Help - (732)248-9555