Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Hurricane Season is Upon Us
Hurricane season on the Atlantic Coast is between June 1 and November 30. Hurricanes like Sandy and Irene left the state of New Jersey with millions of dollars in damages. Inland flooding, forceful winds, and heavy rainfall are just a few hazardous elements that cause major damages to your property.
How to Prepare
- When an oncoming storm is approaching, check in with your local weather station to get the newest updates and alerts.
- Charge your cell phone device in case power is lost, and need to keep in touch with family or call in an emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, make sure to remove all valuable belongings from lower levels.
- Always have a safe place for shelter, and have a place to go in case you need to evacuate quickly.
When to Call SERVPRO of Edison
SERVPRO of Edison has experience in storm damage clean up. We have a highly qualified team that urgently responds to every disaster. Once the storm has cleared, call SERVPRO of Edison at 732-248-9555 to schedule immediate restoration.
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Edison is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Edison
SERVPRO of Edison specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
For Immediate Service in Edison, Call SERVPRO
SERVPRO of Edison provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Edison or the surrounding area. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 732-248-9555
Whether your Edison home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Edison commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of Edison's 14th Anniversary
Danny Aller shows off SERVPRO's first van.
Fourteen years ago, on July 25, Danny and Karen Aller started SERVPRO of Edison with one van, three Dehumidifiers, twelve Air Movers and one employee waiting anxiously for the phone to ring.
Since that day, SERVPRO of Edison has helped countless families and businesses recover from unexpected disasters. Whether the water damage was caused by something as catastrophic as Hurricane Sandy or as mundane as a leaky faucet, SERPVRO of Edison was ready for anything. We have seen a lot over the years – basement floods, kitchen fires, moldy homes and sewage backups – you name it, we’ve cleaned it.
We have been consistently expanding our knowledge base and equipment inventory. Now, in addition to Water Damage Restoration, we are able to serve the Edison area with Carpet Cleanings, HVAC Duct Cleanings, Mold Mitigation, Odor Remediation and Smoke Damage restoration.
Today, SERVPRO of Edison has a warehouse full of equipment, a fleet of vehicles, and a crew of highly trained technicians who are on call 24/7, ready for whatever disaster comes next.
We have come a long way in 14 years. Here’s to many more years to come.