Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Fallen candle ignites laundry, causes extensive damage.

The fire damage in this closet was caused when a candle was accidentally knocked off the dresser into a pile of laundry on the floor.  Notice how even though the fire began on the floor, the majority of the smoke damage is up at the ceiling.  The whole bedroom where the fire started needed to have the drywall removed and the framework encapsulated.  Smoke and soot spread throughout the rest of the house and SERVPRO of Edison worked to make this disaster, "Like it never even happened."

Encapsulated wood framing after fire damage

After a serious fire, like the one in this Woodbridge home, it is necessary to remove as much of the charred structure as possible.  However, smoke odor can persist even after the worst of it is gone.  This photo shows how SERVPRO of Edison encapsulated the remaining framework to seal in smoke odor.

SERVPRO doing a thorough cleaning after a fire

Tom, one of our project managers, demonstrates the proper way to remove soot and smoke residue from drywall.  The homeowner attempted to clean this fire damage by themselves and caused the soot to smear and lock permanently into the paint.  When they realized their error, they called SERVPRO of Edison to bring much needed expertise.

Testing for Smoke Damage

One of the techniques SERVPRO of Edison employs to determine the extent of damages caused by a fire is shown in this photo.  Our technicians use "Chemsponges" to remove soot and smoke residue from the walls and ceiling.  By placing an "X" within a square, we are able to demonstrate how much of a difference our cleaning process can make.