The mold shown in this picture was the result of a water damage that was not properly addressed by the homeowner. A sink overflowed in the kitchen on the first level of the house, and though the room appeared to be dry after a quick mopping, they never thought to check the underside of the floor. Moisture had gotten trapped in the insulation directly below the kitchen and kept it pressed up against the bottom side of the flooring. As a result, mold grew on the rafters and sub-floor. SERVPRO of Edison handled the mold remediation by removing the wet insulation, treating the affected area applied antimicrobial techniques and drying the remaining wooden structure.