SERVPRO of Edison Celebrates its Sixteenth Anniversary
Danny and Karen Aller in the warehouse on SERVPRO's sixteenth anniversary.
Sixteen years ago today, Danny and Karen Aller started SERVPRO of Edison with one van, three Dehumidifiers, twelve Air Movers, and one employee waiting anxiously for the phone to ring.
Since that day, SERVPRO of Edison has helped countless families and businesses recover from unexpected disasters. Whether the water damage was caused by something as catastrophic as Hurricane Sandy or as mundane as a leaky faucet, SERPVRO of Edison was ready for anything. We have seen a lot over the years – basement floods, kitchen fires, moldy homes, and sewage backups – you name it, we’ve cleaned it.
We have been consistently expanding our knowledge base and equipment inventory. Now, in addition to Water Damage Restoration, we are able to serve the Edison area with Carpet Cleanings, HVAC Duct Cleanings, Mold Mitigation, Odor Remediation and Smoke Damage restoration.
Over time, SERVPRO of Edison has become a staple in the community. SERVPRO of Edison participates in local events such as street fairs, and enjoys sponsoring other local events such as golf outings. SERVPRO of Edison is also a member of the Metuchen Chamber of Commerce.
Today, SERVPRO of Edison has a warehouse full of equipment, a fleet of vehicles, and a crew of highly trained technicians who are on call 24/7, ready for whatever disaster comes next.
We have come a long way in 16 years. Here’s to many more years to come.
Not only does SERVPRO of Edison provide emergency and restoration services on a 24 hour basis, we also take the necessary steps to ensure proper site management and safety control. SERVPRO is a well-known and respected name in the remediation and restoration industry, and SERVPRO of Edison can take care of all the insurance issues that can come with a residential or commercial loss. Our certified technicians are ready to assist you in any aspect of your emergency and restoration news on any sized loss, and are on call 24/7 so we can best meet your needs. This includes complete repairs if needed, and we always use the industry standard for claim pricing and estimating programs. With over 1600 SERVPRO franchises in the country you have peace of mind in knowing that we are part of a network that will provide you with total confidence in your emergency, restoration, hand repair needs being done correctly. Give us a call to learn more about the services we provide at 732-248-9555 or email us at info@SERVPROofedison.com.
Commercial Water and Flood Damage
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Edison provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
If a flood does strike your business, give SERVPRO of Edison a call. Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Even a minor flood has the potential to cause major damage when not treated quickly and properly, and the cleanup can be an overwhelming task. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Edison arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs. The SERVPRO of Edison team is prepared to handle any size disaster and make it "Like it never even happened."
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 at 732-248-9555
Commercial Fire Damage
SERVPRO of Edison has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies. Fire damage can be especially devastating for a business or commercial property. Every hour spent restoring your business back to pre-damage condition is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. If your business experiences a fire loss, call the fire and water damage restoration experts at SERVPRO of Edison and we’ll respond immediately to get you back to business. Whether the fire emergency occurs in a hotel, restaurant, or office building, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage, manage the restoration project through to its completion, help get you back to business and make the loss "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Edison specializes in:
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Fire and Water Restoration Industry
- Highly Trained Fire and Water Damage Restoration Specialists
Commercial Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO of Edison at (732) 248-9555
Stay Safe While Grilling this Holiday Weekend
Charcoal grill safety tips to consider:
- Grill outside and away from any structures
- Make sure your grill is stabl
- Keep your grill clean
- Check for propane leaks on your gas grill
- If the flame goes out, wait to re-light
- Take care around the grill
- Be careful with charcoal starter fluid
- Wear the right clothing
- Be ready to put out the fire
Other things to keep in mind:
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquid to the flames.
- Keep charcoal fluid out of the reach of children and away from heat sources.
- Electric charcoal starters do not use fire. Be sure to use an extension cord for outdoor use.
- When you are finished grilling, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container with a lid.
- Have baking soda on hand to control a grease fire and a fire extinguisher nearby for other fires.
- If you don’t have a fire extinguisher, keep a bucket of sand next to the grill.
- Never use water to put out grease fire.
Precautions to Take While Grilling
Summer is typically filled with cookouts, BBQs, and family get-togethers, and while this is fun it also brings the possibility of fire hazards. In order to stay safe while still having fun, we’ve created a list of precautions to take while grilling.
Precautions to take while grilling with propane:
- Stay alert when grilling. Avoid grilling when you are tired or have consumed too much alcohol.
- Do not leave your grill unattended.
- Keep the grill in a place that is free from flammable items and away from porch rails, and low lying branches.
- Keep children and pets as far away from the grill as possible
- Check the gas tank hose for leaks before using it for the first time each year**
- Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before igniting.
- If you smell gas while cooking, immediately move away from the grill and call the fire department. Do not move the grill.
- If the flames go out for any reason, turn the grill and gas off and wait at least 15 minutes before re-lighting it.
- Keep your grill clean by regularly removing grease or fat buildup from the grates and trays below.
**A light soap & water solution applied to the hose is a great way to check for leaks. You can often smell a propane leak, but propane will also release bubbles when the soap and water solution is applied. If you detect a leak, turn the gas tank and grill off. If the leak stops, get the grill serviced by a professional before using it again. If the leak does not stop, call the fire department.
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Edison is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Edison
SERVPRO of Edison specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Storm Basics: After the Storm
After the severe weather subsides, ensure that you don’t drive through any flooded roadways, as hidden currents can be strong and extremely dangerous. Stay away from storm-damaged areas that could put you at risk due to the effects of severe thunderstorms. Listen to your local weather radio or television stations for updated information or instructions, as they will likely provide crucial information such as closed roadways and blocked areas. Offer assistance to those who may require special assistance such as the elderly, children, or those with access or functional needs. Keep a close eye on your animals. Stay aware and away from downed power lines- if you see any report them immediately. If you have storm damage to your home or property, give us a call at 732-248-9555. Timely mitigation is key to minimize secondary damages caused by severe storms.
Restoring Your Edison Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Flooding and water damage events at Edison commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Edison
SERVPRO of Edison specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Complete Property Restoration
The SERVPRO of Edison staff is trained to oversee all aspects of your emergency, remediation, restoration and repair needs. Our staff has over 15 years experience in the restoration and remediation industry. Our staff includes a production and management team that is certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Our production staff includes IICRC certified supervisors and project managers to oversee all of our qualified and professional production crews who are trained and equipped to address any event on a 24/7 basis. We work with and are approved by all insurance agents, adjustors, and companies.
Our services include:
- Emergency Water Removal
- Structural Drying
- Fire, Smoke, and Soot Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Sewage Cleaning and Sanitation
- Content Cleaning and Restoration
- Move-outs, Pack-outs, and Storage
- Trauma and Crime-scene cleaning
- Claim Oversight and Management
- Full Reconstruction Services
Contact us for a job well done at 732-248-9555 or email us at info@SERVPROofedison.com.